7 Popular Attractions for Families in London, England


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
June 15th 2019
Published: June 15th 2019
Edit Blog Post



Are you traveling to London with the entire family soon? If so, you'll be pleased to learn that this famous metropolis has a wide variety of family-friendly attractions for you to enjoy. In this article, we'll go over some of London's most popular attractions for families with kids. Remember that there are plenty of ways to safely get around the city, but if you’re looking for the thrill of driving on the “wrong side of the road,” you can always rent a car.

Let's discuss some amazing attractions for you and the kids to enjoy during your upcoming London adventure!

Diana Memorial Playground




Are your kids obsessed with pirate movies? If so, they'll want to check out the giant pirate ship replica found in Diana Memorial Playground. Kids can climb onto and into it, pretending they're on the high seas! Diana Memorial Playground is found in Knightsbridge.

The British Museum




Just because a spot is educational doesn't mean it can't be lots of fun for the kids! There are lots of things in the British Museum that will fascinate the entire family. Go and see the mummy collection and other interesting exhibits!

London Zoo




London Zoo has a wide variety of animals, from the ferocious to the adorable (and some are both)! Your child might even have the chance to feed the monkeys. You should also look into opportunities for kids to be Junior Keepers for the day.

Wonderlab at the Science Museum




The Wonderlab at the Science Museum is an awesome place for kids ages six and up to learn about science by seeing fun demonstrations and experiments. There are lots of opportunities for your children to participate and have a time they'll never forget.

Dino Snores sleepovers at the Natural History Museum




If your child is between seven and eleven (and doesn't have any fears of the dark), you might consider letting them take part in a Dino Snores sleepover at the Natural History Museum. Kids have the chance to sleep in the same room as a gigantic Tyrannosaurus Rex! You'll be spending the night, too, as an adult must accompany each child. So you'll have the chance to get acquainted with T-Rex, too! Sounds like great fun! Make inquiries about ticket prices.

Watch the Changing of the Guard




Your family shouldn't leave London without having seen the spectacle of the Changing of the Guard. If you want to get an excellent viewing spot, it's best get there early. There’s ample parking nearby if you go in the morning and take your car. Many people like to bring a picnic, so maybe try that and make it a longer outing. You can see the Changing of the Guard in The Mall, near Green Park, or outside Buckingham Palace.

Kew Gardens




Kew Gardens have free admission for kids under 17 and are a great place to spend an entire afternoon or even full day. This is a wonderful place for kids to run around and expend some of their endless energy! Check out the Treetop High Walkway, too. If you think your kids would enjoy an indoor play area, look into the Treehouse Towers and Climbers and Creepers. There's a family shop and café located nearby, as well.



We hope your family has a wonderful time in London, and if you’re looking to see more of Europe, this is a great resource to find some inspiration.

Advertisement



Tot: 1.119s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 42; dbt: 0.54s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb