Anything but the bus....!!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Wiltshire » Stonehenge
July 10th 2007
Published: August 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We rose early for a pre-planned bus (*shudder*) day-trip out to Windsor Castle, Bath & Stonehenge. Our tour guide, Deborah, was an absolute classic and knew London (and England) extremely well and kept us entertained the whole day.

First stop was Windsor Castle, which was a grand old castle with a fantastic collection of old weaponry, art and other royal paraphernalia. It was great to go into the rooms where the Queen actually entertains guests to this day!

Our next stop was Bath, which is famous for the ancient Bath built there when the Romans discovered a hot spring. A lot of the bath is still in good condition (except the water is a nice murky green) and was fascinating to walk around.

Our final port of call was the iconic Stonehenge! We were both really excited about seeing Stonehenge and we were not disappointed. Whilst a lot of people say it is boring, we actually thought it was cool just to be there and soak it in.

After this we headed back to hotel after another long day (and bus ride) and to be honest, neither of us wants to see another bus ever again! haha.
Asleep at the Post!Asleep at the Post!Asleep at the Post!

Can't blame him though... look what he's guarding!!!
All in all, a top day though.



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Roman BathRoman Bath
Roman Bath

In the creatively named town of Bath
Roman BustRoman Bust
Roman Bust

Inside the Bath
Cool ArchCool Arch
Cool Arch

In Bath
Roman StatueRoman Statue
Roman Statue

Bath Abbey in the Backdrop


Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0984s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb