Ol' London Town


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 9th 2007
Published: August 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

London PayphoneLondon PayphoneLondon Payphone

Kim loved these!
Finally we had a sleep in! Although after such a long tour it didn’t really rejuvenate us as much as we would have liked (nothing to do with the previous night’s drinking though!) 😊

We had to check out of the Royal National as we’d decided back in Australia that we’d switch hotels, so that meant a wait until 2pm to check-in at the Phoenix Hotel-Best Western Kensington. To fill the gap, we basically jumped on the net and had some great Indian food for lunch. We jumped into a taxi to take us over to the hotel, which was cool as we got to ride in a London cab, but our driver looked like he’d been around since London was founded by the Romans! He was a little hard of hearing as he couldn’t hear a word we were saying from the back seat, and his vision was obviously blurry as he drove down a clearly signposted ‘Road Closed’ then proceeded to complain that there were no signs when he reached the dead end! Haha 😊. We arrived safely though and checked into a hotel that was thankfully better than the RN, and relaxed for the afternoon.

For dinner we actually met up with the remaining Contiki group members left in London which was nice, and then said our final goodbyes before heading back to bed! It definitely felt weird (once again) as it was now that we knew Contiki was finished!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.03s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb