rocks, giant rocks


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Wiltshire » Salisbury
June 2nd 2006
Published: June 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Morning rose, checked out of the hostel. Headed to Liverpool St stn to catch train to Salisbury as per advice from Hendon Central staff guy which turned out to be wrong, but that was MY fault as I miss-pronounced Salisbury. He thought I said Southbury. Argh there goes a transit ticket. So we head correctly to Waterlooo station and pop aboard. The sweetest thing I discovered while aboard the trains in england was the bathrooms. Man are those cool. So we arrive at Salisbury after an hour an a bit. Lady at tourist office was really helpful, pointed us to the bus station. Short 10 min walk we get there and wait for the bus to Avebury. 1.5 hours later (man is it weird being a passenger on the left side of the road) get to Avebury. Just as we are arriving we see the begining of the stones. Collassaly huge! It still boggles my mind how they got there. So we spend an hour looking around, taking photos, tons of sheep! Took bus back to Salisbury, this time took 2 hours (woman driver this time haha sorry ladies but it's true). Now comes a good part of our story. Since we didn't have any accomodation and everywhere was booked or really expensive due to an International arts festival going on, we walked around for the entire night until this one cab driver helped us out. This guy has backpacked to almost every country in the world, really cool guy. He showed us where we could pitch our tent without being bothered and drove us into town to grab a bite. From now on when I see a fellow backpacker in need of help I'm there! We feasted at a Turkish kebab place. Man did that taste good! Endless meat and awesome pizza, omg. After that it took us like an hour to find our tent site and guess what we camped right next to a rail bridge! So every 20min during the night a train went by. I slept great haha not. BTW, Salisbury, being the small town that it is was loaded with model quality girls, it was insane, if only we could've stayed in the hostel. So ya the next morning he trained it to Dover....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb