A Day At Wimbledon.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Wiltshire » Corsham
July 9th 2018
Published: July 11th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Dianes Dream.Dianes Dream.Dianes Dream.

Di at the gates to Wimbledon
Magic!!! Wimbledon Tennis is something that Diane has wanted to go to for years. So Chris arranged through an acquaintance for a couple of tickets for a day, so Di and I had a magic day watching some great tennis and enjoying the surrounds of this iconic tennis championship venue. It really is such a spectacular venue and the atmosphere was amazing. As the weather here in England is so hot we expected it to be very very hot sitting in the stands. The day was one out of the blue with the temperature going over 31 degrees. Sitting in the stand you felt as if you were going to melt away. I felt for the players and the officials as down on the court the temps were getting up toward the 40 mark. But nothing a couple of ice cold Pimms couldn't fix. We watched all of one game on court 2, and then settled for a set here and a set there as we explored the whole venue, partaking of food, cold beverages and people watching. We only found one NZ player "Lulu Sun" and watched her for a while. Only 17 but going strong and went on to win that match. Fantastic day, fantastic experience and a bonus for Di as she didn't have to stay up all night to watch games as she does in New Zealand. Very lucky to arrive there and meet Chris's friend at the gate, who presented us with tickets, water, program and then showed us around a bit. Very spoiled.

Keeping our selves busy with walking resting and enjoying the weather. Sunday, Helen had friends and neighbours over for a b'que, some of who we have meet before. Nice day with good food and a few refreshing drinks. Getting our plans together for the next few weeks as we have a number of people to catch up with. Pip/Rod.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Ahh!!  Pimm'sAhh!!  Pimm's
Ahh!! Pimm's

Pimm's at Wimbledon, What a way to spend a day.
A Great Game.A Great Game.
A Great Game.

Won by Del Potro.
Beautiful Areas.Beautiful Areas.
Beautiful Areas.

Great places to relax, eat and have refreshments.
Come On Nz!Come On Nz!
Come On Nz!

Lulu Sun. She went on to win the match.
Bradford On Avon.Bradford On Avon.
Bradford On Avon.

Walking the canal. A busy canal with plenty of canal boats chucking past with people on holiday.
The River Avon.The River Avon.
The River Avon.

A nice river bank park for a rest and a class of beer. Magic.


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb