Wiccan Belief


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Wiltshire » Ansty
October 31st 2013
Published: October 31st 2013
Edit Blog Post

A religion that we have not talked much about in class or didnt talk about at all is the religion called Wicca or the Wiccan religion. First it began before 1973 and in 1973 it became even more serious and they had groups called covens or groves. They all believe in witches and witchcraft and the power of magic and all that stuff. They didnt really have a set of rules or believed in a god, but they had the 13 principles of Wiccan belief. They honor the Wiccan Rede and the threefold law. The moral code of the Wiccan belief is that to not harm any living thing. They have to follow the threefold law and if they dont whatever they did that was negative comes back to them in a negative way and whatever comes back positive to them is because they did something that was also positive. They also honor the Earth and that is basically the one they follow. They believe in also gods and goddesses and that each one made a specific thing on Earth. It has existed since the pre-christian times. They do not do harmful rituals because they believe that no living thing should get hurt. They meet in covens to worship and a ritual is that they wear black, purple green blue, and sometimes even wear white.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.29s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.076s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb