Pudsey!!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » West Yorkshire » Leeds
April 22nd 2008
Published: April 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Brother Jim - 98yrs old!Brother Jim - 98yrs old!Brother Jim - 98yrs old!

Go Brother Jim!!!!
This is the hometown of my Grandparents and my Mum. We caught the train up to Leeds (approx 3 hours) after a few days in London and were picked up at the train-station by Muriel (Grandma's cousin) and her daughter Karen. We drove about 10 mins to get to Pudsey and it is a great little town. The housing looks very different to back home, with most houses that look the size of one house being split into two to make two houses. So they are pretty small places and took a bit of adjusting too.
We met heaps of my relatives including:
Grandma's 98yr old brother Jim, his daughter Muriel, his grand daughter Karen, his great grand daughters Mirelle and Verity and his great great grandson Kaius. So 5 generations were happening in this family and things got confusing when trying to figure out what relation they were to me so I gave up pretty quickly.
We also met Grandma's other brother George ('I wish my brother George was here') coming in at 86yrs old and his side of the family, not 5 generations though thankfully.
Other people we met included Mum/Grandparents next door neighbours from when they lived here
Pudsey ParkPudsey ParkPudsey Park

One part of Pudsey Park. Wake up Jess.
- Nan and Fred - and some of Mum's other cousins including David Woodhead with a sweet Bentley car. I asked if I could have it and he said No.
Apart from visiting relatives we ate Yorkshire puddings (my favourite), grabbed some fish and chips traditional style, checked out shops and visited all Mums past houses/schools/ and works.
The town seems to take great care of its old folk (which there were plenty of!) with benefits like; free public transport, free gym membership, winter fuel allowance, etc etc. . . so retire here if you have nothing better to do.
Next we head to Vienna via a 23 hour bus trip. Wish us luck!!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Small HousesSmall Houses
Small Houses

Here is an example of one house being split into two. This was one of Mum's old houses.
Brother George and FamilyBrother George and Family
Brother George and Family

From Left to Right - George (Grandma's brother), Joan (George's daughter), Me, Margaret (George's wife), Tony (Joan's b/f), Jess Kook (my g/f)


Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 32; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb