London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
April 14th 2008
Published: April 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

St. Pauls 1St. Pauls 1St. Pauls 1

Jess looking huge.
London
After our killer stopover in Dubai Andrew and I were exhausted. We picked up our bags and managed to navigate the 'tube' arriving in Walthamstow by about 9.30am. I had organised for us to stay with friends Caroline, Jill and Jacqui for a couple of nights and we were to ring them when we arrived, however no ones phones were connected. We decided to try find the house by ourselves and while walking down one of the lanes we ran into Jill!! This is the crazy bit.....Caroline had up and left back to Australia and forgot to let us know and forgot to tell Jill we were even coming. Jacqui was in Australia and had broken her toe and wasn't coming back to London and the house they were all renting has to be vacated in 3 days!! It was a bit surreal in our very tired state.....So we decided to sleep on it...........17 hours later we woke up to find we had missed an entire day!!

13th April
The next morning we were starving and made our way down to Maccas for our very first meal in London!! I discovered that I cant understand the British accent while
St. Pauls 2St. Pauls 2St. Pauls 2

365 feet up. This 2 foot wide ledge we were squished onto slanted down towards the edge.
ordering our meal. I had to ask the lady to repeat what she asked me about 3 times before Andrew informed me she wanted to know if I wanted a drink!
We headed into Hyde Park to check out speakers corner. It started pouring down with rain so we bought umbrellas and marched through fairly quickly. There were only 2 preachers on Speakers corner, we're not sure if that was because of the rain or because it was fairly early when we arrived. We then went to check out some of the monopoly board!! Oxford Street is full of very nice old buildings and shops, but way to expensive for us. Picadilly was good fun, we just cruised around all the shops. It had a lot more atmosphere than Oxford St. We found it very hard to find anywhere cheap to eat and when we finally did it was pretty awful. We then headed to Trafalgar Square to look at the National Gallery. We really enjoyed the Gallery and looking at woks by Van Gogh and Monet, but we were getting pretty tired. Andrew has had a very upset tummy for the last few days, we think he got a
Westminster AbbeyWestminster AbbeyWestminster Abbey

this guy was an idiot. he thought he was so cool.
bit of food poisoning from his last meal in Singapore. We ate some food and headed back home.

14th April
We went to St. Paul's Cathedral this morning. It is HUGE!!!!!! It is an amazing building on the outside and even better inside. Its very hard to describe so I'll just suggest everyone should go there. We spent a good few hours there. We ended up climbing the 3 sections of the Cathedral, a total of 460 something stairs and 365 foot high. It was awesome. We then went to Kings Cross Station to buy our tickets to Leeds for tomorrow. It was very crowded and busy. Apparently lightning had struck a train and delayed heaps of other ones. I didn't like all the crowds and it felt a bit weird with so many people crowded in a train station so we decided to go for a walk around. As we were a little way down the street lots of police cars and ambulances pulled up outside the entrance to the Station. I was a bit freaked out. We decided to take the bus instead of the train for our next trip.
We went to Westminster Abbey where we
Big BenBig BenBig Ben

Big Ben is a clock?!?!?!?!!?
think we saw the changing of the guards....we are not sure. We only saw the end. Then we headed to Parliament House and saw Big Ben. Andrew was expecting to see a person, but it was actually a clock!! The Building is amazing and huge.

That is the end because I am tired and we need to get up early in the morning. We are the last people to leave this house and need to be gone before the landlord gets here and discovers that everyone has left heaps of belongings here, not cleaned anything and left the country.

Bye





Advertisement



16th April 2008

impressed
Hey Jess and Andrew, I'm impressed with so many entires on your blog and the photos have definitely improved from the first entry! Sounds like your are having too much fun with so many places to see and do, keep at it.

Tot: 0.366s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb