Warwick Castle


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Warwickshire
July 30th 2009
Published: July 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Added a couple pics from yesterday at Space Centre. Today was off to Warwick Castle on the recommendation of our friend, Harry, who claims to know a thing or two about this part of the world! It was a lovely day (apart from the two brief showers but we were prepared with our brellie!). The kids loved the jester show, the joust, birds of prey show and all the walking tours around the castle including the torture chambers. They also enjoyed the medieval park which we stopped by 3 different times! The grounds were beautiful and the shows were all very entertaining and the views spectacular! Once again Lori was reminded of how much she really hates heights.....All in all, a great day! The drive home was interesting, as usual. We took a self-imposed traffic diversion (this is now what we are calling getting lost as it sounds very dignified!). Man, you take one wrong round-about exit and boy do you pay! Anyways, moving right along....we did make it home. Kids are off the to park now with Nigel for a little play. I think I'll do a little reading (on my third book now so it must be a good vacation!) in the sun room before heading out to toss some corn at the chickens (TO the chickens, I mean) ha ha.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Small tractorSmall tractor
Small tractor

We followed this wee tractor for a while through a village. He had to go up on the curb to get through past this parked car...
Warwick CastleWarwick Castle
Warwick Castle

From the ground looking up
Knights in actionKnights in action
Knights in action

Lots of wax figures inside the castle depicting various scenes
Jester showJester show
Jester show

Kids enjoyed this one!
Bald eagleBald eagle
Bald eagle

The birds of prey show was also amazing!
Jousting actionJousting action
Jousting action

Saw 4 men fight to win a lady's hand in marriage
Ballistica no longer in serviceBallistica no longer in service
Ballistica no longer in service

The trevauchet was still being used though...
Heading into the prisoner chambersHeading into the prisoner chambers
Heading into the prisoner chambers

Ceiling height 5 1-2 feet tall. You can guess what happened to poor Nigel...
Joust from aboveJoust from above
Joust from above

Looking down on the castle grounds from the tower after climbing 530 stairs up!


30th July 2009

roundabouts
Ha Ha, I'm laughing out loud. It's good to hear that someone else had problems with those pesky roundabouts. We also got lost several times and Don actually had to use his compass on several occasions.
30th July 2009

too much fun
Gareth would have loved to see all the knights and jousters! After seeing all your holiday fun, we may have to change our holiday plans..... :)
30th July 2009

Bourneville.
If you chaps are venturing as far as Warwick you may want to consider a visit to Bourneville , home of Cadburys chocolate. I recall that the tour of the factory was a great hit with both Meredith and David. I think you go around on a small trane, sort of "Willy Wonka" theme. Keep dry! Uncle Paul.

Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0975s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb