Wallsend


Advertisement
Published: June 3rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

From Corbridge to Heddon-on-the-Wall, Hardian's wall pathway is mainly downhill through pastures and livestock and is diverted around a couple of farmyards with less dramatic sections of the wall and associated forts on display. Our B&B was next to the High House Brewery so we had to sample the local brew. Very good. The charming owner of the Dingle Dell Tearooms in Heddon is ready with flags and Union Jack goodie boxes for the celebration of the Queen's 90th birthday. A big event in her life. After Heddon the pathway winds down to and follows the river Tyne where we came across the Boathouse Inn. Look where the flood level is marked way above head height on the wall. We strolled down the Tyne riverside promenade into Newcastle after 9 days of walking to arrive at our hotel. Only 5 miles to go in the morning to complete the Hadrian's wall pathway at place appropriately named Wallsend. Segedunum at Wallsend is the last of the Roman forts heading east before the wall heads south to the banks of the Tyne.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Dingle Dell TearoomDingle Dell Tearoom
Dingle Dell Tearoom

Excited for the Queen's 90th.
BoathouseBoathouse
Boathouse

Record flood level 1771
NewcastleNewcastle
Newcastle

Bridges over the river Tyne


6th June 2016
High House Brewery

High House Brewery
We visited the High House Brewery when staying in Northumberland a few years back. Enjoyed a look round the brewery itself (though a new brewery so not as interesting as some I have visited) and sampled several of their beers. Impressed. I also remember that the food there was good - we noticed that some people came just to eat there! Glad you enjoyed it.

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 33; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb