Weekend at the 'circus'


Advertisement
Published: August 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we are wrapping up our trip in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne in northern England!

It was quite the bus ride from London to here (8 hours), but extremely scenic. Lex's buddy Mitch welcomed us with open arms. Haha he also attempted to prepare us for the 'circus'. The town of Newcastle is home to the summer weekend 'circus' -- a.k.a every single stag and stagette party for the United Kingdom. Truly, we saw and partied with 30 to 40 different groups who were all dressed up in ridiculous costumes. Everything from pirates, playboys, jail bait, to condom suit; you name it and we would have seen the costume 😉 The city is wicked for partying -- they honestly have a place called 'the bar mall'. Literally, it's an indoor mall with only bars and clubs in it. Needless to say our weekend was just one big party!

During the day we went to the old ruins of the Tynemouth castle and monastery, which was right on the ocean front! Gorgeous, sadly both of us forgot our cameras, woops. Haha and it turns out that we went on the day that they were holding an event with sword fights, juggling and dancing. On another note, the milkshakes here are to die for (dad you would love this place!). Oh yeah this town is also well known for their bridges. We watched the whole millennium bridge tilt from the bank posts so that boats could pass under, crazy and difficult to explain.

We also have to say a HUGE thanks to Mitch for letting us stay at his place. He has this massive (relative for the UK) downtown penthouse suite that had a guestroom for Megs and I to stay in and a 2 tier roof top balcony to take in the views. WICKED!

We're now headed for Edinburgh -- YAY Scotland here we come! Hopefully we’ll be able to find accommodation 😉

-L



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



1st September 2009

Hhahahah the Carnival is in town hon!! Thanks for the kind words, y'all are welcome anytime. MG

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb