Annecy to Ashtead


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Surrey » Ashtead
May 14th 2011
Published: May 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sleeping beauties!Sleeping beauties!Sleeping beauties!

Is it a girl or a boy ? either way they look good together.
A final dinner in one of the local eateries, a mountain of Tiger prawns in garlic, washed down with some fine regional wines, we ended our week in Lake Annecy. With bikes in bags we made our way to London, six trains and 9 hours later we arrived back at Ashtead..

Our overviews:

To have ridden so far and seen so much of the French countryside, and become familiar with the people, their common courtesy and lifestyles, was for myself a massive learning curve, especially as they are our nearest neighbours. I had a great laugh spending quality time with and riding alongside Colin & Paul, and considering they both only started cycling last summer, to have completed this trip, often in hard conditions and at a reasonable pace was a fantastic achievement and has to be admired.
The Alps and approaching Juras mountains were spectacular, they made the many hours of pedalling in order to reach them all worthwhile. I hope if allowed we will be able to do a similar trip at some point in the not too distant future. ( Bordeaux to Barcelona )
Michael.






Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The LakeThe Lake
The Lake

Stunning!


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb