Holiday in Annecy


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Annecy
May 13th 2011
Published: May 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Straight Line


Captain MedlandCaptain MedlandCaptain Medland

I used to have one of these. Not quite as big though!
Spent the rest of the week relaxing. In total we rode 610 miles to get here and a further 50 or so whilst here. Lots of the riding was into the wind and up hill but overall it has been a thoroughly enjoyable experience. The French were always helpful and the weather once the wind dropped was superb as wall as this we managed to avoid a single puncture or problems with the bikes.

Day 1, we took advantage of the sun with a motor boat cruise, expertly captained by boys toys Medland, Cookie was the only one brave enough to take a skinny dip in the very cold glacial lake. The afternoon was spent circumnavigating the lake by bike. Enjoyed a nice evening meal and found a friendly locals bar near our hotel.

Day 2, Treated Mr D to a round of golf at the Lake Annecy club, Colin got whipped by Paul & Michael and Michael came last, took a local bus back and managed to avoid getting wet in a thunder storm. Visited the still very friendly locals bar and realised that it is the local gay bar, the owner gave us a wink and a smile when he served some of us his speciality home made pork sausage.

Day 3, After a good breakfast and chat with our two new friends from Texas we set forth to conquer Col Veyier a grueling 3600 ft climb, the last half mile was heart attack territory. The way down was just as interesting as Captain Cooke led us down a road that turned into Goat tracks. Suitable for walking only. bike bags arrived today so will be sorting the bikes out this evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0824s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb