Moirans de Montagne to Annecy !


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Annecy
May 10th 2011
Published: May 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

60 miles or so to go, though not sure what to expect as still in the Juras Mountains with Alps ahead. The morning consisted of stunning views and very long descents as we left the Juras. One climb stuck in our memory which was a 7 Km forest climb followed by a similar descent, Paul measured the climb and it was 3310 ft up and 3304 down when we stopped for coke and pie break ( for the larger members of the party ). From here we made good progress and pressed on to Annecy arriving a full day ahead of schedule. Dropped down into the town on the motorway by mistake, had to pull off for safety reasons but not sure where we were, as we discussed options for the route Paul spotted the name of the hotel at the road side.
Had an enjoyable evening getting familiar with Annecy and some of it's bars and bumped into our old friend Dijl.
As we sat outside one bar a very large dog did a very large poo, so we took bets and spent some time waiting to witness a poor passer by slip up, hee hee !
Burger and chips followed by a late evening kebab.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

DijlDijl
Dijl

The 2nd time we met him. Is he following us?


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb