Saint Jean de Losne to Moirans de Montagne


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Oyonnax
May 9th 2011
Published: May 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Pushed quite hard along the flats, confidence high and stopped for lunch at Oyanneux. Had a massive wake up call leaving the town when confronted by the nastiest 3 Km long climb yet, straight up 13 % in 30 degrees heat and no shade, even Cookie had to drop down into 4th gear. Welcome to the Juras moutains.
Fantastic scenery all the way, and headed to Orgelet where we stupidly waited for 3 hours for the only hotel to reopen, tried phoning various other options to no avail. Finally calling on international rescue to step in ( Sue Medland ) and googled a hotel for the night which was great although it meant continueing up into the mountains for another 15 miles.
All bottoms and legs were now aching.

Had our best evening meal here at a very good price and went out for a final evening drink before bed only to find again all the bars were closed. Resorted to a kebab shop for a beer just before it was closing, wouldn't even let Cookie have a kebab, bizarre.

Can do Colin forgot to tell us the hotel needed a door code to get back in and for a while we were giggling about having to sleep outside. Luckily we had a phone and was able to call a number to find it out.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

13 % up hill. No sweat.13 % up hill. No sweat.
13 % up hill. No sweat.

Oh yes there is, loads of it.
At the topAt the top
At the top

Engage low gear. That means you too, Cookie
WaitingWaiting
Waiting

Waiting for the hotel to open
Still waitingStill waiting
Still waiting

Looking for somewhere else


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0684s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb