A mid pandemic change of scenery


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Suffolk
July 23rd 2020
Published: July 23rd 2020
Edit Blog Post

So day one of what promises to be a very different holiday thanks to a pesky virus. The day started with breakfast out (no washing up) with friends and an air con re gas (meaning our holiday will have the coldest temperatures to hit Europe in years for sure). Seth and I walked home (with our lovely cakes for the journey from the bakery) as Ash went to fetch the car . A stop by the allotment to say hi to grandad seemed like a good idea but my inability to say no meant that I ended up leaving with a hundred weight of beetroot plus leaves and a head of broccoli. And no bag. And the cakes in a wobbly box. And a 3 year old and his wayward coat. We (I) must have looked hilarious with veg all over the place as the blisters added insult to injury, Ash swept past like a knight in white kia armour, saving me from beetroot hell! A quick lunch at dad's and home for final packing and cleaning and we were off. We had planned to leave at 4. We left at 4. This does not happen, we are always late and does not bode well (yes, we have the right day, passports and have booked the right ferry so who knows what we must have forgotten to do!)

Time to get me on a boat, eat more cake and go to sleep, next stop Rotterdam, fully masked and ready to take on the pandemical mini road trip.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0656s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb