Thoughts on Leaving.... It gets closer....


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Suffolk » Woodbridge
August 7th 2011
Published: August 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It has been a week now since the final London goodbyes were said, since we filled a tired and beaten hire van with our worldly possessions, cleaned the flat from top to bottom, handed the keys to the new tenants and headed for Suffolk to deposit said goods at my kindly mothers residence.

It has been two weeks since I finished work, and after five years of rigid structure and discipline in an almost school like atmosphere, the feeling of not having to anything other than that which I choose is still one I am adjusting to.

On Thursday Michelle and I fly to Dubrovnik to begin the first step of our next adventure. We have no timing plans and no definite end destination but we aim to see a bit of Eastern Europe before heading to Holland to have a go at living in another country and culture for a while, the break for both of us to focus on the important things in life is well needed and eagerly anticipated. The feeling of putting ourselves in a position where we can choose to make anyhting happen is both exhilerating and mildly daunting.

The next couple of days will be filled with yet more sleep and some attempt at packing, but unlike when I headed off to travel 6 years ago this trip doesn't feel major, or dramatic, it just feels natural and right and planned deliberately over time.

We look forward to sharing some of our stories with you along the way, on our travels, and further as we set off on our Dutch living experience!




Advertisement



Tot: 0.37s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0968s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb