Tour Ends


Advertisement
Published: June 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We have done a fair bit of travelling since I wrote the last blog, which I was late publishing as I saved it instead of publishing! We've now finished the Tour & picked up a hire car. After Ipswich, the rest of the Tour took us to Saxon Hoo, an Anglo-Saxon burial ground; some more farms; Sandringham Estate; An organic farm with some pigs, & also did riding holidays with your own horse; Another Stately home; Then to Lincoln and to York for a few nights. Had really good indian for dinner one night in York. We went to Temple Newsame Estate now owned by Leeds Council, where they run a mixed farm of rare breeds, I really liked the Golden Gurnsey Goats.

Next was a train trip from Leeds to Appleby on the Settle-Carlisle Railway. This was an amazing trip over the Yorkshire Dales! Seeing all the little stone villages and stone walls in the valleys. This area was like how we imaged England to be, unlike the Eastern side which we found flat. Then as it was a Farmer's Tour, we saw more farms. We moved onto Milton Keynes, where we went to Bletchley Park, where the Enigma Code Breakers were based during World War II. We also went to a farm on the edge of the Cotswolds, and on top of the hill could see Wales in the distance. We stopped at a small town of Broadway, a pretty town. Then to Stratford-Upon-Avon and saw Anne Hathaway Cottage and the River Avon.

The Final dinner of the Tour was at Wobburn Abbey, with a tour of the Park and deer farm before dinner. I always thought Wobburn Abbey was an Abbey, not a Stately House. The paintings were unbelievable - some nearly 500 years old.

Ok, I shall end it here for now, and write about our travels on our own soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb