One week down


Advertisement
Europe
June 5th 2011
Published: June 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

One week in to our trip & having a great time. Apart from the big tourist items, we were glad to get out of London. We did do the typical tourist spots - Tower of London, London Eye, St Paul's, Harrods, Buckingham Palace, Royal Mews. We spent 2 days walking around. Found the church that some of Dean's family was married in 1790. Loved Hyde Park & Kensington Garderns.

It was really good to see people from all over the world that we haven't seen for a few years.

We've been to some amazing stately houses, would have to pay for the up-keep of them! The bus has gone down some pretty small roads...

Suffolk Show was fantastic, just like what country shows use to be like with cars, tractors, trucks, etc on display. Junior Handlers judging went well, 2 classes to judge with only 3 handlers in each class. The attire people wore.... Stewards in suits & bowler hats, ladies dressed as if going to the races, I'm glad I wore my skirt suit. I then met Princess Anne after judging, who thought I came every year to judge! The Suffolk sheep were huge. The pig judging was interesting to watch. We could have easily spent a second day looking around the show.

We've been to 6 Red Poll herds so far. Some nice Welsh Cobs. Head off to York tomorrow for a few days. Can't believe that 1 week is already gone.

Til next time!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb