Owlthorpe and Lightwood


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » South Yorkshire » Sheffield
October 9th 2005
Published: November 7th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Lightwood 1Lightwood 1Lightwood 1

The side of Lightwood farm shed showing the stairs up to the hay loft.
Sunday is the day Alison and Peter go grocery shopping, so we tagged along to get some supplies we cant do without. Alison was to prepare a traditional English breakfast (brunch time) for Mick complete with black pudding.

While we were shopping, Alison said she had ran in to Michael, one of the old farmhands we used to know when Grandad had the farm. Unfortunately Mick and I weren't with her then, we'd walked off on our own to do some investigating...

We had completed the shopping and were relaxing back at home when who should come to the door but Michael's brother Stewart! Alison said she hadn't seen either of them for ages, and both on one day was very unusual. Stewart had a family matter to discuss with Alison and Peter, so Mick and I went for a walk with Ricky.

We ended up having our breakfast about 3pm! But Mick is still raving about it (must have been good)!

Later on we went for a drive down Lightwood Lane to Lightwood farm. Chris Green was there with his family. I walked around the farm getting very nostalgic and had a bit of a
Lightwood 2Lightwood 2Lightwood 2

The front of Lightwood farm house showing the new conservatory extention.
cry in the cow sheds!! We organised to come back for dinner the next Sunday night.

After the farm visit Uncle Peter decided to give us a bit of an overview of downtown Sheffield. The roads are CRAZY!! They are trying to limit the number of people driving in Sheffield by making nonsense out of the roads, one-way streets, dead ends, round abouts - CRAZY. At least it was on a Sunday evening and very little traffic.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Lightwood 3Lightwood 3
Lightwood 3

The other front of Lightwood farm house showing the water pump.
Lightwood 4Lightwood 4
Lightwood 4

Chris and Kay Green.
Sheffield 1Sheffield 1
Sheffield 1

Sheffield at night, the 'Peace Gardens'.


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0265s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb