Lost in Austen Plus more Austen


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Somerset » Bath
September 5th 2008
Published: September 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This past Wednesday a new TV series came on ITV in England called "Lost in Austen"
During my Jane Austen class I had mentioned it coming on at 9 to all my classmates and that we would be watching it at 29 Northampton if anyone wanted to come over but I didnt really think twice about it.

About 10 till 9:00 we heard our doorbell ring and it was about a dozen girls from Nunes House who had come to watch "Lost in Austen". Our living room was completely packed for the new Jane Austen spoof. which turned out to be very cute.

"Lost in Austen is an ingenious reinvention of the classic novel, Pride and Prejudice, in which Jane Austen’s story is thrown off track by a very modern heroine, Amanda Price (Jemima Rooper). Amanda swaps places with Elizabeth Bennet (Gemma Arterton) and takes centre stage in the celebrated love story.

Disillusioned with her life in London and disenchanted with her boyfriend, Amanda Price discovers Elizabeth Bennet in her bathroom. Soon she finds herself swapping places with Lizzie, and entering the 'real' fictional world of Pride and Prejudice. Amanda arrives at Longbourn, the home of the Bennet family, and realizes she’s joined the action at the very start of the story, she gets to know the remaining Bennet sisters, and prepares to meet Mr Darcy (Elliot Cowan). How will she keep the greatest love story of all time on track when Elizabeth Bennet is stuck in the modern world?"
http://www.itv.com/PressCentre/Presspacks/LostInAusten/default.html

We really enjoyed it and it was great to have everyone over to watch JANE!!!


I have also been PUBLISHED on http://austenprose.wordpress.com/
I will be writing a weekly article for them about my time in Bath and at the Jane Austen Centre. My article will be under An Austen Intern Reports In. I hope everyone checks it out because I am so flattered to be asked to do this!

here it is for week 1-- http://austenprose.wordpress.com/2008/09/06/an-austen-intern-reports-in-from-the-jane-austen-centre-week-1/

Love you all dearly!

Virginia Claire





Advertisement



11th September 2008

Watching anything with a like-minded group makes it even more fun! I can't wait to see Lost in Austen here in America. Sue Raleigh NC

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb