RAF Cosford airshow and camping 2007


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Shropshire » Shrewsbury
June 13th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi again everyone...after a busy weekend last weekend in Poland, we went camping in Shropshire at a campsite we have visited several times before last year and again..this year was no disappointment. Firstly, the campsite is in a rural setting surrounded by fields with sheep, cattle and other wildlife that visited around our tent at night which included rabbits which was nice. The campsite is called 'Cartref' and is located at Ford Heath which is west of Shrewsbury. The owners, Pat and Alan are the most welcoming people you'll ever meet and always stop to chat no matter how busy they are. The toilet and shower block is in pristine condition and cleaned everyday, and we suspect its cleaned twice a day and is one of the reasons why we return to this idyllic site for camping.
Clive and his two children came along for the three days we spent there and we barbequed for two of the nights we stayed there. We ate out at a nearby pub called The Grapes which is about a 10 minute drive away which has reasonably priced food on offer and is family friendly. On Sunday, we went to the RAF Cosford airshow which we've been to for three years running now and while the weather was overcast, it was very warm and enjoyable. We took plenty of photos, some of which are below here. Clive was unable to drink much more than 3 bottles of beer before he fell asleep, and I'm sorry if you're reading this Clive, but the camera never lies my friend if you check out your very own photos we took of you while asleep!!
On the Saturday we drove down to the old market town of Ludlow which we've visited before and has to be one of the most picturesque towns in England and this time we spent some time in Ludlow castle with the children which they enjoyed immensely. All in all, a great weekend !


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Airshow helicoptersAirshow helicopters
Airshow helicopters

And no..this is no camera trick!


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb