Late in Dublin


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
June 21st 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Took Joshy on his first ever flight...to Dublin! Everything went well until later on ( more about that in a minute !). We flew with Ryanair from Manchester and for the three of us it cost 6 pence...and that included all airport taxes and charges. Nobody believes us that it cost us 2 pence each return, but it was an offer Ryanair were doing a month ago by giving away 1 million free flights over a five day period. Apparantly, after we have checked in with them, the 6 pence gets refunded back onto our credit card, thus making the flight free! During the offer, we booked flights for the rest of the family to and from Dublin and we're going later this year in October for our wedding anniversary for a weekend away.
Anyway, the trip we just had was only for the day and we spent our day mooching round the many shops, eating ice-cream, having lunch in the Hard-Rock cafe and having a pint of beer in a pub in the Temple Bar area. Firstly, when we had lunch in the Hard-Rock cafe we didn't enjoy our visit very much because of the very loud music that was playing. It seemed inappropriate to ask them to turn it down a little as the name suggests 'Hard Rock'! We visited the Hard Rock cafe in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia earlier this year and it was a much more enjoyable atmosphere because the music wasn't as loud. Anyway, we left after lunch with a headache and its doubtful we'll be visiting again when we return in October.
We also had a drink in a local pub which the prices were nothing short of extortionate to be truthful. We had heard Dublin was expensive, but at almost £5 for a pint of Carlsberg was not good. Again, its doubtful we'd visit that place again, but all in all we had a good day.
Things turned a little sour when, at our own fault we were late in arriving at the airport for our return flight back to Manchester and missed the check-in. By the time we got there, the check-in desk had closed ten minutes prior to us getting there. Oh dear..what were we to do? We went straight to the Ryanair desk, explained we were late and didn't ball and shout like you see people doing on Airport documentaries as it was our own fault we missed our flight!! The lady on the desk said she could transfer us on the last flight of the day but the cost would be 225 Euros for the three of us.....AAAARGH! Unfortunately we were in a predicament and so the only option was to pay for us to get home. The flight was very turbulent and it was the first time in a very long time that we felt physically sick and its little wonder two people went running to the toilet as soon as the plane landed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb