Oxford, Stratford, and the Cotswolds


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Oxfordshire » Oxford
September 12th 2006
Published: September 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a full day tour booked to Oxford, Stratford, Warwick Castle and Cotswold’s Tour, we were meant to go to Blenheim Palace but the tour was canned. First stop was Warwick Castle, where we found out just how mean and nasty they were with regard to torture. Some of the items they used were brutal, some either stretched you, used for restricting you so they could burn you with molten lead, drop you from the roof with weights on your feet to dislocate you. I know, it makes you sick!! After here we headed through the Cotswold’s to Stratford where we saw Shakespeare’s birthplace, and wandered through the family home. We headed to Oxford via a pub lunch, meal was beautiful!! At Oxford, we ventured into Christ Church College, where parts of the Harry Potter movies were filmed. We saw the Grand Hall, where students have meals three times a day, and where the dining room in the movie was based on (this one wasn’t big enough, so they built one elsewhere). The Cathedral was also amazing, with much detail in all aspects of the masonry and fixtures. After Oxford, it was time to return to London.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb