Bucking Huge Palace, London Zoo and Kensington Palace


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
September 13th 2006
Published: September 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today we headed for Buckingham Palace, hoping to see the Changing of the Guard. No luck with the Guard, but Bucking huge Palace would be more accurate!! No wonder it’s one of the Queen’s Palace!! (Windsor Castle and Holyrood House are the others) It’s just huge!! We toured the State Apartments, which is where dignitaries and heads of state are received and entertained.

After Buckingham Palace we headed for Kensington Palace, home to the late Princess Diana. The Palace was a bit disappointing, nothing ornate or extravagant here. The best part would have been the photographs and dresses which Diana wore. There were about 7 or 8 from various stages of her life as a Princess, naturally the most recent ones were better than the ones she first wore!

Next stop was London Zoo, where they were building a new Gorilla section which would open in 2007. We saw some animals that were familiar (emu and kangaroo) and even some new ones, like the warthog (my god they’re ugly!!) and some wild dogs (they had Mickey Mouse ears, so you couldn’t take them seriously!). Was a pretty good zoo overall, much better than the aquarium!!

Hard Rock Café for tea, this time we sat next to the kitchen so we could see the food being prepared. You also got the see the staff singing and dancing!! Naturally, as always, a beaut meal and on full bellies we headed to the hotel.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb