Warning!! Studying for finals...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Nottinghamshire » Nottingham
January 14th 2006
Published: January 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

...is dangerous for my health (at least too much studying is). For the past week I have been studying for final exams and let me tell you they like to drag out the pain for as long as possible around here. Because not only do you have to come back from Christmas vacation not in the mood to study, but you're jetlagged, it's gloomy and raining, and each essay that you write for your ONE exam must be researched as if you were going to write a 12 page paper on the subject. However, it doesn't stop there....you must actually visit the library and attempt to sort through thousands of books. If you are lucky enough to find the books that you are looking for on the shelf jump for joy because re-shelving is an absolute disaster, not to mention that the library is open 24 hours for 2 weeks. TWO WEEKS!!! and that, my friends, is how long final exams run for. Thus, instead of about two weeks of craziness, one week to study and the next to actually take exams, it's more like a month with many weeks of studying and two full weeks of exams. Then again not everyone has to take exams. Depending on what course you are in and what year, you may not have any exams but a jumble of essays to turn in or a few large projects.

Anyways, I hope everyone in the States now appreciates that Christmas break actually is a break with no exams to be held AFTERWARDS!! It's much like a rude awakening to have to take exams after you just had a jolly good time with your family and friends and then must go back to work, trying to re-teach yourself an entire semester's worth of material. Lovely.

To everyone in the UK who also has to deal with this horrible planning of finals after Christmas break, good luck on your exams and hope that they finish early.


ps. in other news, I am taking a trip to Cardiff for 4 days to give myself a break in between studying for my third exam. 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb