Just put a big red X on my building...it's easier to locate that way


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Nottinghamshire » Nottingham
October 16th 2005
Published: October 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well it's official....our building has set off the fire alarm 4 of the 5 times that it has gone off. It's really annoying....so learn to either shut your kitchen door or to cook-- you choose! Anyways, besides the irritation of having to stand outside because the fire alarm went off again today (someone sets it off about once per week), I'm heading to frisbee practice in a kinda sunny afternoon. It's not too cold out yet which is really nice. ps-this time one of the girls ended up outside in just a towel from her shower. isn't that nice?? and we've been warned that the next fire drill will be in December so we'd better wear jackets and shoes. Hopefully no one is caught in the shower again!

This morning I went and got lots of food so that I don't have to go to Sains' for a while, which is really nice. Ruth and I left this morning around 10 and took one of the many trolleys that are discarded right by my flat. It was a brilliant idea in the end, although kind of annoying to push on the sidewalk--a) because it was loud and b) because the sidewalks are very uneven. However, it did save us from having dead arms. Going to Sains' that early on a Sunday was fantastic. The only people that were shopping were parents and the elderly, basically the early birds. This meant that the aisles were pretty clear and easy to get through. However, they were stocking the shelves which kind of got in the way, but not too bad.

Frisbee was pretty awesome but the best part happened after practice. I was talking to Lauren, Teflon's gf, about the States because she's moving to St. Louis, Missouri in about 3 weeks to work as a research asst. in neurobiology. As we were talking everyone was headed home and I ended up walking to the complete other side of campus with them (meaning Maddy, Lauren, Teflon and Harp) than where I was originally headed (ie across the street from practice). Anyways, Tef, Lauren and Harp invited me over for dinner which was really nice of them. So I headed over to Dunkirk to have dinner and hang out, get to know everyone a bit better. It turns out that there's a little frisbee group over there that live within 20 feet of each other. Anyways, I basically spent about 4.5 hours with them after practice which was really fun. We watched a bit of TV (my first since being here aside from football matches in pubs) and talking about all sorts of things. They all watch Lost, which is really funny. But they don't always get what they're referring to so I came in a bit handy. 😊 Funtimes....and this weekend is the tourney in Clifton. Indoors....it's going to be fun!!!! I can feel it.

All in all Sunday turned out to be a really good day full of surprises.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb