Yay for Native Nottinghamers!!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Nottinghamshire » Nottingham
October 1st 2007
Published: October 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well hope you all are doing swell!

This weekend was full of meeting native Nottinghamers. Saturday I went with Katie to have dinner with a local family. Their names were Mavis and Keith and they were a lovely retired couple. We arrived at their Bungalow around four and didnt end up leaving til around eight! But I must say I really enjoyed myself. Its like having another set of grandparents. They told us all about their kids and their grandkids, where they have traveled in the U.S. and how much they love visiting Decorah. We sat for about two hours enjoying tea and stories before we even had dinner. And the dinner was a nice treat to have especially since we have to fend for ourselves on weekends and we seriously were down to limited supplies. The whole night was just nice and relaxing and Mavis has already asked Katie and I to get together with just her for "some girl time and Keith can just stay home"

So the church that I am attending here offers a chance for international students to sign up to go home with a family for lunch and other get together times. Funny enough Katie and I were placed with the same family. This family lives just on the edge of Nottingham in a small village. Julie and Ed were the parents and they had two little girls. Amy is 5 and Lucy is 3. It was so much fun to hang out with the little girls. Most of our time there they kept asking what words we speak that are different. They even took us on a walk around town and then we played at a park. The girls were very enjoyable and loved us being there. We are getting ready to plan for a movie night and to introduce them to pumpkin pie and fruit pizza. Also, we both left the house with a handful of pictures the girls drew us and a jar of home made jam.

Well Im off to finish some homework. Miss you all and I am quite jealous of the warm weather you are having. Well at least warm compared to here.
Oh and by the way I will try to send pictures soon



Advertisement



Tot: 0.247s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb