The adventures of the week


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Nottinghamshire » Nottingham
September 30th 2007
Published: October 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

So even though registration produced some unhappy times I have quite enjoyed this week. Kia and I have discovered the wonderfullness of the local green grocer. We wondered in to the store and were immediately greeted by the owners. These ladies were very pleasant and even provided us with a free piece of fruit of our choice.Thursday we ventured over to our directors house to attempt some apple picking. Now these trees didnt have any limbs close to the ground so in order to get to some of the apples higher up I climbed up a ladder and then found a small lump to place my foot on. Holding a hoe (make shift apple picker) in my left hand and holding on to the tree for dear life with my right hand our apple pickings ession began. As I swatted for the apples Katie and Kia waited on the ground watching their heads for flying apples. This system was going great, that was until the wind picked up and I began to lose grip of both the hoe and the tree.
Anyway that was definitely not the end of our adventures. Friday our group was feeling up for some fun. So we headed to a club that was supposed be playing 90's music as a special thing for fridays. We got to the club at around 10:15 and man was that way too early. We got in free but hardly ianyone was there. Finally people started to arrive. But not the people we were expecting. Most of the people there were around 18 or near their 40's. Yeah talk about awkward. The older men just looked at us like we were pieces of meat. That wasnt the only awkward part of the night. So the club has this screen that shows a shadow of a women dancing spastically. We all thought that no one really dance like that. However, we were soon proven wrong. All of a sudden two young women came on to the boxes on either side of us and started dancing. Not only were they dancing on boxes but were hardly wearing anything AND dancing spastically. Uncomfortable!!! Anyway we soon learn that the English are lame and dont dance. Or as the English we spoke said "We dance til we're pissed!" Or in our terms pretty drunk. Yes they are lame. And most of the people here dont even start their night until midnight. Midnight may not seem that late for numerous people but for me starting an evening at midnight is near impossible. I enjoy sleeping too much.
As for Saturday Katie, Carrie, Joy and I set off to find Robin Hood. We made it to the castle and then realized we could get in free during the week. So we made up for missing out on the castle by taking crazy pictures with the statue of Robin Hood. From there we met up with Erin and Kia and set off to find Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem. This is supposed to be one of the oldest pubs in England. The pub was built I believe around the beginning of the 12th century. P.S. this pub had amazing food. Most of us got the fish and chips and were astounded by the amount of food they gave us. All I can say is that we were all too full to move after lunch.

One last thing... I got a job!!!! Woot Woot. As you can see Im excited. Both Katie and I got a job at Porky's Cob shop. Its like a sandwhich shop but its on rolls as the name cob suggests. Anyway Margaret from the green grocer suggested we go there i we wanted a job. So we walked there Saturday morning, sat and talked to him for a little bit and then boom we had a job. We wont be working much but the job pays 4 pounds an hour. So that equals about $8 back home and its tax free which is a plus. And the best part was the Katie and I each walked away with a free home made dessert. Talk about a good place to work

Advertisement



1st October 2007

We need pictures, too!
Can you add pictures in your Blog text?

Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0185s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb