On our way back to Norfolk


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » North Yorkshire » Pickering
August 6th 2014
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 54.2464, -0.782141

Well that's it for Yorkshire. We plan to return one day to Stony Moor and do and see much more and walk the moors as they should be explored. Just stunning. We could quite happily have walked for hours taking in the scenery and the nature. Beautiful, just Love it.

Speaking of nature, I'm Now Listening to a Great Tit (such a rude and ungrateful arsehole) who has really put the mockers on this short stay at Stony Moor and look forward to him leaving in the opposite direction to us before we prepare for our trip back to Norfolk and then onward Edinburgh. (Yes we realise Edinburgh is North and we should have planned better)
Bye bye Michael McNasty!

It amazes me at times that whilst travelling extensively you can meet so many wonderful and exciting interesting people and then in a split second; BAM! A person you know can try and destroy it all for everyone.

August 6th

So we prepare to leave the cottage and again there is a tantrum over nothing. We drop Michael in Pickering & this time I can't even be bothered to say goodbye so I don't. A quick coffee just outside of the town and then we're off back to Norwich. The rain has arrived and at times is quite heavy though it is still quite warm. Chris is our driver today, giving Ken a well earnt rest.

I have let Ailsa know that the bedding and towels were washed and are on the line which by now will more than likely be soaking wet. Not the most sensible idea.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



6th August 2014

What a shame, hope Chris is ok.
6th August 2014

Wow!
6th August 2014

Yes Wow!
6th August 2014

Hope the washing doesn't end up the other end of Yorkshire.
7th August 2014

Really do wish I was there - beautifu and peaceful x

Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb