Day out on the Norfolk Broads at Wroxham.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Norfolk » Wroxham
August 15th 2021
Published: August 16th 2021
Edit Blog Post

You really can’t visit Norfolk without stopping off for a trip on the Broads. Actually you can because I lived in Norfolk for 3 years at the University of East Anglia in Norwich and never visited the Broads at all in all that time.

Only 20 miles from our campsite to Wroxham so went straight there. Picked up a traffic jam into the town which didn’t surprise as Norfolk is busy. Apparently far busier than normal because most people are staying in England for their holidays this year again and not jetting off to hotter more exotic places. As Europe is currently experiencing exceptionally hot temperatures feeling quite pleased really we have stayed put.

We drove past the busy car park on the right before the bridge and were pleased about that later as the carpark we used, Roy’s, off to the left after the bridge, was free. We left Smart Arse enjoying the water’s view and headed off to see if we could hire a boat.

Found a handy boat service who said they were booked up but then managed to find us a little 6 seater motorlaunch for 1.30 which just gave us nice time to grab lunch. Think the boat had been being repaired but whatever they did it worked fine and didn’t sink us J

So we set off for our 2 hour boat trip with Captain Bob at the ship’s wheel and Mate Joy as chief photographer mainly sitting in the back to catch some lovely sunshine as we sailed along (I pointed out to Bob we had no sails just a little motor so not sure sailing is the right verb to use here JJ ) .
Lovely boat ride along the river Dure and then into the Broads themselves. The first part has some wonderful houses along both sides of the banks. All with boat houses and moored up boats. Camera a click clicking all the way.

Lots of other boats travelling along behind and in front of us in all shapes and sizes including a peddle steamboat, river trip boats, pedaloes, kayaks and even some bicycle pedaloes. Also lots and lots of swans which are quite funny as they take no notice when a boat approaches and get out of the way at the very last minute.

Back at the dock after a very pleasant two hours, time for an icecream then back to the campsite in Smart Arse.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb