Off to Sheringham on the Norfolk north coast


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Norfolk » Sheringham
August 17th 2021
Published: August 17th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Woke to a wet day. Maybe not heavy rain but some pretty persistently wet drizzle which stayed all day under a very low cloud.

Packed up and ready to move on but not until we had used the super shower in our new van. Much better than going outside and across a very short bit of field to the campsite block and as we have no facilities at all at the next site we might as well get used to using only our own.

Smart Arse loaded onto the Aframe and hitched to the back of the motorhome in record time. We are getting more familiar with it now.

And off we went. Skirting Yarmouth and the traffic jam to get across two waterways for one last time. We will avoid Yarmouth in future.

Only just over an hour to our next site. Mill Cottage, Sheringham. This is motorhome only, 5 vans, no dogs, no children and superb. Lovely view out across a field of golden wheat (could be oats or even barley, too wet to examine closely J ) and there are gardens which we are welcome to enjoy too. Perfect. Bob has done well choosing this one.

Had lunch and waited for the rain to ease then popped down to Sheringham in Smart Arse. Big carpark was pretty well full. We soon discovered that that was because the streets of this little seaside town were pretty well full up too. Undoubtedly a lovely place to visit in better weather, on less busy days but we probably hit it at its worst. Hopefully tomorrow when the blue sky has returned we can check it out again without getting pretty soaked as we did today.

We checked at the station as I’ve booked rover tickets for the steam train to Holt for tomorrow and wanted to be sure we could use any train. Then we walked to the sea front and were just enjoying the view along the beachhuts and the waves (high tide again) crashing up the rocks and the noisy shingle when the cloud decided to drop its contents on us. Rather peevish really. We sheltered for a while thinking the cloud was going offshore but it sneaked round from the other side and got us again so we gave up.

Never mind, forecast for tomorrow is much better though proper summery weather seems to have to deserted us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.327s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 29; qc: 149; dbt: 0.2215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb