Leaving Lincolnshire


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Lincolnshire
May 21st 2006
Published: May 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Clear blue sky at 530AM. Showered / breakfasted and packed up tent by 715AM - by which time the sky had clouded over. Set off towards north east Lincs - found some interesting landscapes to photo also found Thornton Abbey - little remains other than the magnificent thirteenth century gatehouse. Returned across the county to study the northern part of the Vale of Lincoln. Unfortunately by midday the showers had merged into continuous rain creating a depressing scene.

Took some photos of the Trent that marks the boundary with Notts and then headed north into Yorkshire (northern England ??) and made for the camp site into which I had booked in Sherriff Hutton a few miles north of York.

Much of the site resembled Glastonbury in the rain (rock festivals in the mud in case you are lost …..). Directed to my pitch which was an island of solid land mostly surrounded by mud. By the time I had the inner tent up and pegged into the ground it was raining hard so retreated to car. Kind lady arrived shortly after with cup of tea “saw you were struggling love ….. this should warm you up. Bloody weather …. we’ve ‘ad enough … gan bakoom tomaarra…..’ I empathised and thought briefly of doing likewise. Eventually rain stopped sufficiently to finish tent erection. Made myself cosy, had a hot meal and told myself to cheer up. Promptly stepped in a puddle.

Forecast for coming next week is ‘orrible.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb