Leicestershire Market


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Leicestershire » Leicester
July 24th 2009
Published: July 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Melton Mowbray PieMelton Mowbray PieMelton Mowbray Pie

The originator of the world famous pork pie. it all started in this little shoppe.
Today was shopping day. We went to Melton Mowbray for Market Day (the kids spent a lot of time with a clown learning to do the Diabolo sticks, stilts, hoola contests, and this bizarre pedal sneaker thing). Then on to Highcross in Leicestershire. It has a giant outdoor pedestrian-only shopping streets area plus a fancy indoor mall. The shopping was fantastic. The driving in the "big city" was a little more difficult but we made it in and back out somehow. Went to the Windmill Inn for dinner in the nearby village of Redmile. Nice dinner and Lori enjoyed Sticky Toffee Pudding for dessert (pudding). Nigel enjoyed a few different bitter ales. And Lori drove to the Inn and back - her first driving experience! Pretty good! Nigel had a tougher time adjusting to sitting in the passenger seat than Lori had getting used to the driving!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Clowning AroundClowning Around
Clowning Around

In Melton Mowbray today there was a fiesta in the square, complete with imported sandy beach and palm trees (and this clown).
Sweets!Sweets!
Sweets!

The kids went nuts in the old fashioned sweet shop.
Highcross MarketHighcross Market
Highcross Market

Outside the highcross mall is a mile of "high street" shops.
The WindMill InnThe WindMill Inn
The WindMill Inn

We had supper tonight at this Inn. Very posh.


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb