All packed .... everything but the rabbit!


Advertisement
Published: May 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We're offWe're offWe're off

All packed ... everything but the rabbit!

Untitled
aka The Coopers
Well the day is finally here ... as Stu types 10 hours and counting until take off!!! Everything is packed ... except for Bernie (the bunny) who is going on holiday to Heather's for the next 9 weeks.

Stu as always has been trying to pack for every eventuality, but Lizzie takes one thing out of his travelpack for every two things he puts in! He has tried using the "you never know when you will need ..... but it doesn't seem to be working.

First stop is Delhi - we arrive tomorrow morning at the peak heat of the day (it is 40 degrees there at the moment). We are staying at a "homestay" for a couple of days, living with a family who run a small bed and breakfast place, which other travellers report is a great place to kick off from, particularly when it is your first time in India - we are hopeful. Then onto Agra for one night on Friday to see the amazing Taj Mahal.

Finally for this entry a few bits of good luck ....

Good luck Sarah M for your medical finals tomorrow - you'll be ace and we've both got our fingers firmly crossed for you, and good luck Gita for the Edinburgh marathon - we'll be thinking of you from somewhere hot with a nice glass of wine!

We'll "speak" to you all again in a few days! Take care everyone, see you in 9 weeks and we hope that you are all well.

Lots of love,

Stu & Lizzie.




Advertisement



1st May 2007

nutters
Hi there- I was glad to read you have spared the bunny from impending delhi belly- I shall endeavour to read your blog which I am sure will be interesting- you will know India much better than me by the end of your adventure. Good luck and attach photos to your blogthing. Many thanks for your marathon wishes - and remember Lizzie- masala dosa's (Pancakes) will keep you strong and healthy- dont forget to enjoy indian sweets - galub jamun(spellings) and kulfi ice cream/shrikand (rosewater yoghurt dessert). Take a million pics and look forward to catching up to hear all about it upon your return. Lots of love Gita xxx PS remember to go to the taj in moonlight again as it reflects light in a beautiful way- but watch out for those naughty monkies...

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb