First football match


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Leicestershire » Leicester
February 24th 2007
Published: February 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Leicester foxLeicester foxLeicester fox

Leicester's mascott
The time had come for me to experience my first football match. Leicester city (Kevin's team he supports) vs West Brom.

After watching a couple of movies with football hooligans I was a little apprehensive about the crowds and football fans. We arrive at Leicester stadium with hundreds of people walking around in blue, yellow & white Leicester shirts, scarfs, hats, flags everything you could think of. All I could do was stare in amazement trying to taking everything in especially once we had stacked up on supplies (food & drink) and walked into the grounds to take our seat. It was enourmous! People everywhere! we were postioned right behind the goal in the family enclosure, as I didn't want to sit anywhere else for my first game match to Kevin's dismay.

It was ten minutes till kick off and the chanting began. We were pretty close to the away section and Leicester fans were chanting towards them. It was like being on a movie. The crowds started flooding in the stadium, there was an older lady next to me, and a younger guy next to Kevin who was umm.... shall I say very passionate. It was good for
StadiumStadiumStadium

Leicester stadium.
Kevin as both him and this guy could be passionate together as I didn't have a clue what was going on most of the time.

First goal went to West Brom after a penalty and I was praying that Leicester would fight back. The crowds didn't seem pleased at all, apart from the away crowd of course. The chanting/singing became more aggressive from both sides, we needed to get a goal. The referee was getting yelled at constantly due to mistakes, but finally the game was going our way and SCORE!!! The crowd goes crazy, loud music comes on, everyone jumps to their feet cheering and singing, I'm frantically trying to take pictures of all the comotion, the players are running around on the pitch what a relief! Kevin jumps up and nearly hugs the guy next to him screaming and yelling. What a rush to experience. The game continues but we end with a draw, although very well played by Leicester considering West Brom is now top in the league due to Derby losing. I think the crowd was just as excited when they heard Derby lost as they were about Leicester scoring (Derby & Leicester big rivals)
Kevin number one supporterKevin number one supporterKevin number one supporter

Kevin getting ready before we head to the game.


I definitely would love to go back again, but next time I will be prepared with warmer clothes!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

The fansThe fans
The fans

Look at them all.
Leicester signLeicester sign
Leicester sign

Were in it together!
The game in progressThe game in progress
The game in progress

Are you ready???
The fansThe fans
The fans

And theres more..
Leicester matchLeicester match
Leicester match

This is Leicester vs Wolves, different game to what the story says, but more pics of Leicester city
Leicester cityLeicester city
Leicester city

Leicester vs Wolves again


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb