Warwickshire (Valentines weekend)


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Warwickshire » Stratford-upon-Avon
February 17th 2007
Published: February 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Warwick castle Warwick castle Warwick castle

This photo was taken from one of the big towers with all the steps.
It's Valentines weekend and Kevin and I decide to head away for the weekend. After many ideas from others we decide to head to Warwickshire near Birmingham.

We set off straight after I finish work to our hotel on Friday night with directions from mapquest online although mapquest was a little wrong and a journey that should have taken 45mins, took around an hour and a half due to us getting lost! Once we arrived and found the car park the hotel was worth it. It's a gorgeous hotel set on a 19 acre plot of land, with restaurant, bar, full inside swimming pool, spa pools, sauna, gym, beauty therapy clinic and even room service (Which Kevin and I discovered on the first night).

Saturday we head into Warwick to discover the Warwick castle. There is a guy dressed in old style clothing telling a story of the past battles, people doing archery & two guards standing at the front entrance of the castle. When you walk in I think most people were amazed with how green and perfectly cut the grass was rather than the beautiful big castle that stood all around us.

Buying a ticket at
MeMeMe

This is me at Warwick castle
the front gate allows you to explore the gardens, dungeon, tower, ghost tower, everything within the grounds. Inside the castle the rooms are set up with old fashioned furniture, carpets, paintings etc, with wax people set up in certain rooms. The dungeon is a small dark room with chains hanging from the roof and walls. There is the working area, bedroom's, lounge's, bathrooms etc, all decked out in large paintings, lots of fabric, big four poster beds. It's amazing! Went up one of the towers and there was 500 and something steps, it was a nightmare, but it had the best view over all the castle and surroundings. Some of the stairs are in absolute darkness, and circle around on themself which was a little scary but once you were in it was one way only. After a good 4 hours of being there we travel back to the hotel, relaxing before we head out to dinner at the bar below the hotel.

Sunday was suppose to be exploring Stratford upon avon (Shakespare ville) but after getting lost and a long day yesterday we decide to head home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Statue of a guy & horse in armorStatue of a guy & horse in armor
Statue of a guy & horse in armor

This was inside the castle. The horse was huge.
Statue Statue
Statue

One of the statue's in a bedroom, isn't the dress gorgeous?
Kevin & a guardKevin & a guard
Kevin & a guard

Kevin trying to shake hands with one of the statue guards.
ConservatoryConservatory
Conservatory

Large conservatory in peacock garden, on a beautiful day it would have been gorgeous.
BedroomBedroom
Bedroom

Look how amazing the bed is. That's definitely royalty.
MeMe
Me

Standing on one of the towers looking out at the beautiful view.
PeacockPeacock
Peacock

These peacocks were roaming around the peacock garden, not afraid of humans. I was more afraid that they might attack me.
The gardensThe gardens
The gardens

The beautiful big gardens at the castle.
KevinKevin
Kevin

Kevin up the tower


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb