Full Circle


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Lancashire
March 28th 2011
Published: March 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We completed the full circle and arrived home four weeks ago.

We were greeted with mountains of post to sort out (although, thankfully, my neighbour had weeded out most of the junk mail -thanks Angela, eternally grateful!) The house was freezing due to the boiler failure that occured while we were away and all of the doors had warped due to the extreme cold, meaning after we'd struggled to get in the front door it wouldn't then close. We should have heeded Angela's warning and used the back door!

Anyway that was at 2.30pm when we arrived home and by 6pm Stan had the heating working and shaved away at the door frame so that we could finally close the freezing weather out!

I spent the next couple of weeks catching up on washing (and there was plenty! most of it needing at least two washes to remove the dirt!) and sorting out numerous other problems that had built up whilst we were away. Then of course there was the hundreds of photographs to sort out, we always end up taking far too many on digital saying ' oh well we'll delete later'. but after 4 months that adds up to a lot!

After that it was all systems go to get the house ready for my birthday party, I don't normally celebrate birthdays that much but this year was a big one (work it out!!) it was also a great opportunity to catch up with friends and family. A big thankyou to everyone who came or sent good wishes to make it a very special day!

So now it's time to catch up on the travelblogs as I promised everytime we got to an internet cafe that wouldn't accept our photos. If you're fed up of your in-box getting clogged up with the links, please accept my apologies and either ignore it, delete it or go on the blog and unsubscribe. But there again if you are still interested just follow the link and see photos of some wonderful far away places - even read about them if you want.

Well I guess that's the end, but we are already dreaming about where to go next!!

Sheila and Stan xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 1.324s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 21; qc: 86; dbt: 1.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb