Preston Steam Rally


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Lancashire » Preston
June 28th 2008
Published: September 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.3044, 1.22566

Kim and I went to the Preston Steam Rally. This is a rally in the small town of Preston where the main attraction is antique steam powered equipment. Never had we seen such a collection of steam powered machines. There was every kind of steam powered equipment you can imagine including a steam powered marry-go-round, tractors, trains, even a steam powered fan. In addition to steam powered machine there were carnival rides, beer and food tents, antique petrol powered engines, Dutch street organs, fair organs and military equipment. The people who put on this event have a steam powered museum. http://www.thesteammuseum.org/ This was a fascinating event. To see all these old machines in great working order was a thrill. The whistle of the steam and the smell of burning coal reminded you that this is a real passion for the collectors and they were all proud to show off there equipment. I particularly like the street and fair organs. I have always been fascinated by these machines and I have never seen so many working ones in one location. Here is a link to my youtube video of the rally.



Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.227s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb