Family fun in England


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Kent
June 6th 2010
Published: June 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

My family exploring Margates shell grottoMy family exploring Margates shell grottoMy family exploring Margates shell grotto

The walls are decorated with strange symbols mosaiced in millions of shells, the unsolved mystery of the Margate grotto, nobody can explain who built this amazing place, or why, or when....
We’ve been in the UK for a couple of weeks now, I’ve been eating and drinking non-stop, Sharon has been sampling too many chocolates and we have both been having lots of fun. We have taken in some of the great British countryside, enjoying green fields, old buildings and cream teas. We had a lovely week with my family in Kent, the seaside resort Margate, the historic Canterbury, the impressive Dover castle, the royal harbour of Ramsgate and the beautiful Broadstairs Bay. All good fun and it’s really great to spend time with the relos. We rented a house together and after a busy day sight seeing we would spend the evenings playing games, UNO soon became a household addiction!

As typical with the English weather, we’ve had a complete mixed bag, one day it rained all day, the next clear blue skies and 28 degrees! Lets hope the weather is a bit more reliable at our next stop - Allison and Paul's wedding in Orta, Italy !




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0879s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb