Orta San Giulio, Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Piedmont » Orta San Giulio
June 7th 2010
Published: June 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Exploring Orta San Giulio 10 secs
2: Boat trip to Island of San Giulio 20 secs
We arrived in Orta a couple of days prior to our friends Allison and Paul’s wedding. We stayed at Hotel Santa Caterina, which is a fantastic hotel with modern clean rooms and a ’snack corner’ which we made great use of :-) It was a lovely ten minute stroll alongside the beautiful lake Orta into the Piazza Mario Motta, the main square of Orta San Giulio.


The atmosphere of the medieval town of Orta is magical, reminders of times long past can be felt all around in the old streets, churches and ancient towers. The pace of life in Orta is very relaxing and there are lots of little side streets to go exploring. On one of our days we took the ferry over to the Island of San Giulio, which hosts a Benedictine Abbey and walked around the island admiring the beautiful old buildings and soaked up the blissful tranquility. Approximately sixty guests were attending the wedding so evenings were spent catching up with friends in the local restaurants and a great little jazz bar.


The special day finally arrived. The weather was perfect and the ceremony was held in an impressive castle overlooking Orta San Giulio. Allison looked absolutely beautiful and brought a tear to many of us. The whole occasion was like a fairy tale and a memory we will always treasure.

Congratulations to Allison and Paul, a fantastic couple


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb