Honey we're home! ... er, there's a bit of washing


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Kent
October 28th 2008
Published: October 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Last Map ...


On the last day the weather was brighter and Kirst, who had been feeling "crook" took Abi down to the Rainbows End amusement park to burn of a bit of energy. Having said our goodbyes to my Uncle Frank, we motored over to Clevedon for some fish and chips and, staying on the food theme, after an enjoyable barby Steve dropped us at Auckland International in the evening.

We discovered the New Zealand All Blacks were on our flight to Hong Kong for a Test Match against the Aussies and whilst the Air New Zealand people managed to get the autographs, we made do with a couple of pics.

The second leg was a 12 hour flight but came in some 30 minutes early, catching Bev out who was still somewhere on the M25. We got back to a couple of surprises: Hannah had got a last minute driving test appointment and passed in first time. The other surprise was the weather, and whilst I expected it to be chilly, I didn't expect snow in late October down in the south eastern corner of Britain - a real change to relatively balmy North Island where it is springtime.

Well what a trip. We did pretty much everything on the list and the planning I did was worth it. There is however alot we missed including the whole of South Island so the Squashed Possum blog is likely to be up and running again in 2010 when Bev and Hannah should be joining us.

A scary thought ......


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



29th October 2008

Home !
Glad you are both home safe and sound. Looking forward to the next instalment in 2010 :-) It's snowing here too - see you soon H
30th October 2008

Washing done!
Heard there was a bit of snow up your way H. We've got a low budget skiing holiday booked in Northampton next year so watch out Mrs!

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0974s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb