A quite place in the country


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Kent » Dover
March 29th 2011
Published: June 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.1297, 1.31114

A delightfully serene crossing made even better by the absence of passengers, hardly anyone on board; and NO coach loads of children, foreign or otherwise. A quick top up of diesel before we trundle off from Calais ( not as cheap as I'd hoped for at €1.35) we enjoyed an uneventful journey down to Rouen avoiding the Autoroutes where possible, most of the prices we've seen for diesel so far are around the €1.45 mark. My thumb is well an truly on the mend I've now got full sensation back until the last knuckle and from there to the tip it just pins & needles.

From Rouen we took the slow route along the N154 Evruex/Dreux/Chartres and then the N10 to Châteaudun, then D924 to Blois the D956 to Contres followed D675 to our destination Châtillon –sur-Indre

We arrived at our good friends Chris & Julia's around 16:45; it's been 5 years since we we're last round this way so it was especially good to see them and listen to their news. The farmhouse has changed immeasurably since our last visit and Chris has now nearly finished the upstairs (previously there was no upstairs just a large void with masses of potential which Chris has, as always, utilised to the full and yet with Julia's keen eye they've kept the ambience oh so natural: a credit to them both)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb