Leaving Dover


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Kent » Dover
July 16th 2008
Published: July 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We are Sailing!!



It's official we are on holidays! In true cruise style we managed to consume our first meal in a buffet style restaurant before we even left the harbour! There was every possible type of food on offer...fortunately we restrained to ham, salad and a few cheesey potato wedges! Alex decided that he'd be content to eat her every day - peasant!, there's a dozen other restaurants to explore.

I have been conned! I thought that ships leaving harbour was a big deal with crowds on the harbour,the band playing, bunting everywhere and crowds of people waving flags and arms in tearful delight. What rot! I counted 10 people on the end of the pier and just the one (a child!) was waving. A definite disappointment. Never mind, the on board string quartet are currently playing a selection of tunes as I write!

The Stateroom



Our room is fine. We are so glad we went with the balcony option as the room would have been much smaller and far less airy without. So we will be comfortable and able to relax on the balcony as we sail. After the excitement of the emergency drill where the essential fashion accessory was a bright orange lifejacket. We congregated at our designated point (a restaurant!!) and sat around tables in our orange jackets thinking how silly we all looked.

Snaps of the Day



Our selection of pics so far are of leaving Dover. We were escorted out by harbour patrol, and the harbour pilot then climbed down the rope ladder onto his boat once we were safely out (rather him than me!!)

Well, now we are off to decide when and what to eat for tea! Oh yeah and check out the poolside BBQ...

Advertisement



16th July 2008

can't wait to see the photos
Hope the sailing is smooth and the meals wonderful.

Tot: 0.298s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb