Packing is done


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Hampshire
June 5th 2016
Published: June 8th 2016
Edit Blog Post

The thing about motorcycle holidays is what to pack? The lack of space can be a real challenge. The essentials that come with riding tend to dictate everything. Your packing is more about riding clothes, spare gloves, wet weather suits etc. Even your boots are a problem. Normally there are the shoes you travel in plus a couple of extra pairs. Because you travel in your boots the, the extra pair(s) end up taking up a lot of space in your luggage. It gets even more interesting if you have a passenger.
Fortunately the Tiger has big boxes and a good carrying capacity. Better yet, Julia is a realist and can pack light.

It is fair to say we have over packed in the past. Especially if we have travelled to a destination for a week. Not everyday is a long ride so you tend to need more varied clothes. This time out, every day is a long ride, from 100 to 360 miles between stop overs. This means that you have your riding kit and then get changed when you arrive so your evening clothes are only worn for a few hours.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



8th June 2016

Bon voyage
Enjoy, looking forward to hearing and seeing the pictures of the Stelvio, which is on my bucket list - the only difference being I am the engine, otherwise also on 2 wheels :)
8th June 2016

Hi GPad
Pictures of the Stelvio?! you will be forced to watch video of the Stelvio :o)
9th June 2016

Holiday time
Have a great time looking forward to reading your adventures. Ride safe xx

Tot: 0.265s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb