All Aboard


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Hampshire » Southampton
May 31st 2013
Published: June 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 50.8998, -1.39561

Well today was a big day. Joe and Sarah dropped us off in Newcastle just before midnight on Thursday. We boarded the National Express bound for London at 11.45pm. The seats were comfy but the trip wasnt quite paradise. It was cozy and a long night where we managed to sneak in a few hours of uncomfortable broken sleep. Finally, we arrived in London around 6am. That wasnt the end of our bus adventures for the day. We had time to grab maccas for breakfast before getting on another National Express at 8.30 bound for Southampton. Another two and a half hours later we arrived in Southampton. Finally, enough with buses for the time being, and onwards to a more spectacular, grand and exciting means of transport. Our arrival in Southampton meant the end of months of waiting. Here we would board our first cruise ship, the Adventure of the Seas with Royal Carribbean for a 13 night cruise to Iceland and Norway.Already exhausted, a 40 minute walk from the coach station to cruise terminal, with our packs wasnt exactly a picnic. It was a warm day and I nearly lost my beanie, making it more unpleasant. Finally, sweaty, sore and overtired we made it to check in for our cruise! Finally, with that done, all went relatively smoothly (aside from a bit of a feel and frisking at the door) and we were aboard by around noon.As our Interior Stateroom would not be ready until 1, buffet lunch was first on the agenda. Wow, so much variety. We hardly scratched the surface with our selections. It was delicious. We took the rest of the afternoon to settle into our stateroom, shower, and completely unpack our bags and explore all 15 decks of the ship. Basketball court, 5 restaraunts, a street of shops, several bars, an ice skating arena, multiple theatres, rock climbing walls, several pools and more. I talked Nat into a quick game of mini golf, and we hit the gym before dinner. With so much delicious food on offer weve made a pact to use the gym as much as possible.At 7, we went to our first show, one to welcome passengers aboard. It was a bit ordinary until the magician came on. We saw a great magic show in Singapore and this was equally impressive. Some of the tricks were baffling, specifically one where the magician made a table levitate. Dinner was at 8. Full table service, alacarte, and delicious food on offer. We were seated with two nice couples of similar age, one from Northern Ireland, one from Malta. Wine came at a cost but we werent to regret our choice to order a bottle. It went down a treat along with snails, pork and chocolate for desert. We were the last to leave the restaraunt for dinner near 11. By now our fatigue had caughtbup with us and we were ready to fall into bed as our ship headed South west of England.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



3rd June 2013

lol Kris its Identical to the room we had on the Rhapsody of the seas what Floor you on?????
4th June 2013

The boat looks impressive - can we have more photos of the interior please!
4th June 2013

Very impressive!
4th June 2013

How appropriate!
5th June 2013

Photos will be minimal for the next week or so. Internet is not available for a reasonable price and iceland internet is scarce and slow
9th June 2013

Looks a bit better than your last cruise ship. Food also looks better. Sounds as though a wheelie bag may have been easier for the long walks

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb