At the Trafford Center


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater Manchester
December 22nd 2007
Published: July 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Nando's  Nando's  Nando's

One of the best chickens in town
Twas' a few days before Christmas and also the end of our business (and pleasure) trip to the UK. My collegues are all ready and excited to go home to the Philippines , while I'll be staying in UK longer to celebrate the Holidays with my family.

It was my 2nd time at Trafford Center, a large indoor shopping center - first was when we were waiting for a friend while she was watching a football game at the nearby Old Trafford (only she had the ticket). Our host was generous to tour us around the mall and treat us for some goods. It is one of the most beautiful mall here in Manchester, which is actually made up of 4 main areas - Peel Avenue, Regent Crescent, The Dome and the Orient. Most of the mall's architechture is in Late Baroque design, and decorated with elegant marble, gold and jade althroughout, making you feel you're in the Romantic era.

My favorite area in the mall is their foodcourt, also know as the "Orient Area", located at the center, and can accomodate 1,600 diners. It is somewhat designed like a cruise ship - think Titanic, even adorned with "lifeboats"
Old TraffordOld TraffordOld Trafford

Yes, this is a shopping mall...
and a grand staircase as backdrops.

There is also the Oriental section which houses different restaurants offering Asian cuisine, no Filipino food though.

To celebrate friendship, pre-Christmas meal and despedida as well, we had dinner at Nandos, a casual dining restaurant with a Portuguese/Mozambiquan theme. It specializes in chicken dishes with either lemon and herb, and my favorite -- peri peri sauces and marinades.

After dinner we found time to some last-minute Christmas shopping, as the store is filled with mallwide sales, promos and discounts and we wound't miss it surely.

Afterwards we went home, packed our things said our goodbyes -- tomorrow they'll be going back home in time for Christmas, while my family will fetch me here to celebrate with them.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Oriental sectionOriental section
Oriental section

Oriental section of the Old Trafford
The foodcourtThe foodcourt
The foodcourt

Lotsa lotsa people in this food court
Titanic-likeTitanic-like
Titanic-like

The foodcourt was designed as if you're inside a cruise ship
New OrleansNew Orleans
New Orleans

Welcome to new Orleans
Christmas SaleChristmas Sale
Christmas Sale

Price reductions and 2 for 1 everywhere!


Tot: 0.262s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb