Before the dawn


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
August 25th 2014
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.5002, -0.126236

Week 7, August bank holiday weekend and the weather has turned to cold and wet.And so the countdown to Kate Bush begins and we shall set off today for hammersmith where we shall spend 2 nights.Unfortunately we were unable to stay with Rob & Jo as she has the flu; something neither I of us really want right now. We'll catch up with Vicki tonight for dinner and hopefully miss all the notting hill carnival revellers on the tube. Hating British trains right now! Got to Cambridge ok for non stop train to kings cross only to make it 500 meters and then return to Cambridge due to train fault. Really at £55 each the service is a bloody disgrace. Can't get the train to Liverpool street either as there is a tree on the tracks at bishop stortford. WTF!Now scheduled to arrive in London at 1.31pm. We only left norwich at 10.40am.Loved the screening of the new Dr Who on Saturday night even if somewhat of a confusing and muddled storyline.Caught up with Vicki and James and went to the Dove pub for dinner. A lovely old pub right on the banks of the Thames. Great night though it poured down and was cold.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



26th August 2014

Weather and trains sound awful that's good old England, we have rain forecast for your return, although its suppose to be warming up and drying up next week. Hope the Concert was good. Safe travel home, see you two on Friday. XX
26th August 2014

You sure are dotting about all over the UK. Sounds like a great trip so far. :)
26th August 2014

Sorry the weather has turned on you, but you're doing some pretty sweet stuff. Are your frequent flier miles looking good these days?? Love to you both!

Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb