Paris to London on Eurostar and shopping!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
January 6th 2014
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.5002, -0.126236

Had a really early start to the day(5.30am) to catch the Eurostar at 8.43am, we grabbed a taxi out the front then headed to the station, Gare Du Nord, once through customs, we had some time for the duty free shopping where we saw Chateau Palmer bottle of red wine at €290.00 the dearest in the shop. Unfortunately we didn't buy it!!
We boarded the train then we were off, at first it didn't seem that fast then once we were whizzing past trucks that were doing 110km per hour, that was when we knew it was fast!
Clint and I went for a walk to the bar carriage and bought mini bottles of champagne to have with our baguettes, who cares what the rest of the world is doing!!
We arrived in London right on time at 10.00am and took a taxi to our hotel, once settled headed on the underground to Oxford Street for some shopping! Melanie and Nikki had enough and didn't want to go to see St Paul's Cathedral so they headed back by themselves to the hotel, which I thought was pretty brave for them!
St Paul's Cathedral was just spectacular, we could only go into the
Chateau PalmerChateau PalmerChateau Palmer

Trust this to be the dearest wine in duty free!
entrance as it was £16 each to enter and it closed at 4.30pm which didn't give us much time so we took a few photos and we walked to the Thames, crossed the Millennium bridge then returned to try and find the underground, which once you know where you need to go it is very easy to get around London. We headed back to the hotel, walked around the corner for some dinner and took it back to our room to eat it. Bed early tonight for all of us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

LibertyLiberty
Liberty

Found this place for Bernie!


7th January 2014

What a shame you didn't get to go inside St Pauls Cathedral... It is amazing. I hope you get to go and look around Westminster Abbey... Sounds like you are doing heaps of walking.....
8th January 2014

Look at the fantastic buildings there. Pity we have to knock them down here. Hey the pics of your brekkie looks a bit like the train lol.

Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0149s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb