Edinburgh Castle and shopping


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Midlothian » Edinburgh
January 8th 2014
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 55.9503, -3.18761

We had a little sleep in and had some breakfast then headed up to the Edinburgh Castle, passing many shops along the way, which we visited!
One shop close to the Castle was a tartan/ weaving shop which was very interesting to see how tartan is made. This shop had a dress up area where they take your photos so keeping this in mind, we then headed to the Castle.
We arrived about 12.15pm and we went to the cafe to have a cup of tea, scone with jam and clotted cream, because we had to try it!
1pm was the firing of the cannon so we waited, we all jumped with the noise!!
We continued through the rooms and buildings then we headed downtown to do some shopping. We split up to go and see what we wanted to see, meandering through the streets and by 4pm it's dark which makes it feel so late in the evening!
We all got ready to meet Lorraine's cousin and we dined at a local pub and Haggis, nips and tatties was on the menu, Lorraine ordered this but we all tried it, it wasn't too bad.
We walked to Princes street to see Irene and Roy off and headed back to the bar got a drink at midnight! A good but long day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



12th January 2014

Wow, you guys will be stuffed when you get home. Looks like you are having heaps of fun... You deserve it.Hey Sue... you were "game enough to try clotted cream... but... how was the haggis!!!!"
13th January 2014

Where are the pics of you all in kilts? Looks great but no snow!!

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0172s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb